Monday, May 18, 2009

French Fries make Mondays Bearable.

I feel like I haven't slept in days. So this will be a lot of rambling.  The day started out pretty well, with Brown Cow peach yogurt and half a banana.  It quickly spiraled out of control when I went to McDonalds to get Madeline some fries and ended up getting THREE bags of fries instead. Then I reached in and took a few out of Madeline and Lily's so there would be more for me. I ate all my fries with leftover blue cheese dressing from Ricatonis and then ate the remainder of Lily's fries. This is after I ate some Chef Boyardee  Ravioli. 
 I am so ashamed.  :(

Madeline asked me this morning if today was Friday. Fridays are so special because she thinks that she will get French Fries on Friday. I don't really know where this came from, but every once in a while, I will amuse her and get her a small fry.  I told her I had no money and she would have to search around the house to find change for Fries.  So, she came inside and started looking under couch cushions, and in drawers, under beds and on closet floors. She couldn't find any money at first, and she came up to me with shoulders slumped and feet dragging. 
"I CAN'T FIND ANY CHAAAAAANGE!!!"  
Then added " This is difficult and frustrating!" I told her to never give up hope, and to keep looking. I found a couple of quarters in a drawer and gave them to her.  Then she started saying "Never give up hope!" We finally found a good bit of change, and I told her we could go to McDonalds.

 I really NEEDED those fries. 
Lily has been a typical 2 year old monster today. As I type, she is pulling on me and trying to step on me. Now she is getting into Jacob's office chair, and I am not doing a thing about it. BECAUSE I'M TIRED.  First, she peed on my bed. Good morning, Laura!  Then, she demanded that I give her some corn pops. 
She is very particular, this two year old.   
Corn Pops!   Bowl!   No Milk!   Now!   Woman!   
Then when it came time for lunch, I made her some ravioli.  After doing a good job of filling her tummy and smearing ravioli sauce all over her shirt, hair, table, etc... she threw her bowl on the floor. My husband swept and mopped the kitchen floor for me this morning. Because I was about to tear my hair out at all the mess. 
DAMN IT, LILY. 
It got better. After I cleaned that up, she decided to pour  
ALL THE TABLE SALT all over the table. And play in it. 

When I finally changed her, I noticed she was stinky. After I cleaned her up, she looked at the dirty diaper beside her, reached over, grabbed it,  and pulled out a poopy finger. This wasn't my breaking point. I figure I have a few more things to happen today before I break. Those fries helped. 

I was listening to some random radio station while eating my french fries in my kitchen. They were talking about eating for your blood type. I was intrigued but my children decided that letting Mom listen to the radio was stupid and found something else to get into so I would have to stop what I was doing and yell at them. I wondered if my blood type called for french fries and blue cheese dressing from Ricatonis. 
It MIGHT.  YOU don't know. 

Lily is being quiet. This could mean a few things:

  • She has reached into the fridge and gotten the chocolate syrup out, and is making a chocolate pie on the white couch. 

  • She has realized that she can pull out all the stuffing from the computer chair upstairs and no one is stopping her. 

  • She can  rummage in the garbage and find leftover ravioli bits to suck on. 

  • Toilet water tastes pretty good when coming from her princess cup. 

  • She has found something to be quiet with. 

  • Has fallen asleep.

  • She is watching cartoons because Curious George is on, and ironically, he is her favorite cartoon Character. 

I better go check it out. 


2 comments:

bethbbk said...

I.Love.Lilly!

Tangela said...

Yeah, Jasmine's favorite is Curious George, too. I always call her my little monkey cause she acts just like one=) Stay brave, Laura, we're gonna make it thru these terrible 2's (and 3's)