Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Very Angry.

Dear Internet,

I do not, in the least, believe that I might be able to understand my husband. First, I need to get things straight that we have the most loving of relationships. We get along, we are totally in love with each other, and compliment each other, We Are Very Happy. 
However, (you know that when I throw out the 'however', it means I am probably angered and need to get something off my chest) HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER , my husband drives me beserk. This is the same man who once forgot to tell me MY MOTHER WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. Not until she called and said in a most annoyed tone "HI! I AM JUST FIIIIINE!" I just sort of rolled my eyes to imagine the drama that was going to come out of her mouth. I said "uh.. okay. " And then she said "Did Jacob not tell you I called and told him I was in the hospital??" 


"JAAAAACOOOOOOB!!!!!"

Yeah!! It happened. Are we exchanging internet glances with raised eyebrows at each other?? Because that is how I felt. 
 He did it again.  Today he was going to the hospital early to be sedated and then have an endoscopy in his throat. I was nervous but kept myself busy as today is a very busy day because I cook for my church on Wednesday nights, and all the girls are going to school.  Aaron, our friend, went with him and stayed there to make sure everything went well, since I had to get the girls ready and take them to school, and then start cooking. I called Aaron around 10 to see if I needed to pick him up at the hospital and bring him home to rest a while, because they weren't going to let him leave until he could walk around by himself.  Aaron said they were actually on the way to work even though Jacob was still groggy and could walk around some. He is incredibly stubborn about work. 

Then I call Jacob at 3 (since I haven't heard from him) and ask him how he is feeling and how did it go this morning.  He tells me he went to work only to lay down and rest, and then I pull miniscule bits of information out of him BECAUSE HE CANNOT JUST TELL ME.  I ask him when does he go to the doctor to find out what they found during the endoscopy... and he says so nonchalantly "oh they already found it, oh and they fixed it, too" Finally, I get angry and tell him that people are going to ask me how he is doing and can he please tell me what happened today?? You know, because I am his WIFE.  And I should KNOW these things. I imagine myself sitting there tonight at church, and everyone I asked to pray for Jacob today saying "So, Laura, how did it go today at the hospital??" and I would just look at them blankly and say "uhdunno".  And look like a total dumbass.  I tell Jacob everything. I would have called him and told him if I had a procedure done at the hospital and what it was and everything. So... Am I just the only one to think that is retarded of him?   I am going to wait for my sister Beth or my friend Sara to tell me a movie where someone is totally brilliant and has a magic brain , yet cannot communicate with people on a social level. What? What movie is that?  BECAUSE JACOB SHOULD BE MADE INTO A MOVIE. Totally awesome Dad, and Husband.. yet.  total retard sometimes. 


Jacob's endoscopy revealed that there was a constriction in his throat. They went inside with a balloon to inflate the constriction, and how it is fixed. That is all he would tell me.  :(

Love, 
Laura

3 comments:

bethbbk said...

Okay so...I can tell you are angry because of the big letters. And the tone. So sorry. What can I say about men? I'm raising three and wonder if magically men will become smarter by the time they are adults. Doubtful. As for Jacob, I blame it all on the drugs, man. I've had an endoscopy before and remembered little afterward. Yes, he's a dumbass for not telling you, or having someone else call you. Don't let him live this moment down. But forgive him. Next time he says he forgot to tell you something, just remind him that - No, dear. You didn't tell me. Just like that time you got your throat stretched, remember??? He'll get the point. As for a movie, "A Beautiful Mind" is one I'd recommend. The guy loves his wife and kid but bless his heart, he's living in another world. Hope that helps. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Jacob is a dude. He doesn't like making a big deal about himself. He doesn't even know how to make a little deal about himself....

Laura said...

They took several biopsies too. Later that evening I told him how I felt, how not telling me things about his life hurt my feelings, because I share so much with him, and I care about him. He apologized.
Then i read the discharge papers that confirmed he was NOT supposed to go back to work AT ALL. He signed the papers at the hospital. He doesn't remember any of it. The nurse called later to check on him and I told her about it. Hopefully they will not let anyone leaving the hospital go home, and let the people driving them know it, too.