Monday, December 8, 2008

Annie, Get your Gun.

Anne had a boyfriend last year in Kindergarten , named Jasper. It was weird for us, because I didn't realize that boys and girls liked each other until they were much,  MUCH older. But, she really liked Jasper, and they would talk and eat snack together or whatever, and then, before Jasper could recite his spelling words, Anne had a NEW boyfriend. Trey. This was always said in a dreamy, drawn out way so it was more like "Trrrreeeeyyyy." I have to admit, this kid was adorable. He had pretty awesome parents, too. I wish everyone that knows Jacob could have seen his face when Anne told him she had a boyfriend. You could have told him that Vermont just fell into the ocean and sank to the bottom. It was hilarious.  His eyebrows shot up and you could see new wrinkles forming on his forehead.. 

So now Anne is in first grade and has a more normal relationship with her classmates. No talk of boyfriends or anything, which I am sure puts Jacob's mind at rest. The other day, however, she told me that she saw Jasper out in the hallway and that "he looked GREEEAAT. " So I was trying to act all cool-mom-like making dinner and asked her how come she thought he looked so GREEEAAT.   She replied that he had on a nice sweater, and his hair looked real nice, and he had on gorgeous jeans. That is when I stopped making dinner and swung my head around to see her jabbering away, like nothing was wrong... but something had to be wrong because I just had a stroke and I couldn't feel my face. "Gorgeous jeans??" I asked.  
Oh I heard her correctly alright. Gorgeous jeans. 

We don't really think much of guns, but I can see Jacob getting one in the future. Not to use, we wouldn't buy bullets, but, he will probably want one around to show all the guys that want to come over to our house and show off their jeans. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute! kinda. :-)

Jasper is the name James and I are thinking of if we have a boy! Jasper John.

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you something, you buy bullets for that gun. You don't have to kill anyone, but the occasional shot in the knee never hurt anyone trying to show off their jeans.

bethbbk said...

Things 1 and 2 want to know where they can get a pair of GORGEOUS JEANS. Do they have a store near Birmingham?

Anonymous said...

As the mom of a boy who happens to be close friends with your daughter, please please PLEASE let me know if my son ever happens to wear gorgeous jeans because I will do away with them ASAP. It's a two-way street, those gorgeous jeans, and one neither you nor I want to be on for a while. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh. My.

((hugs))