Monday, December 8, 2008

I probably won't ever want to eat Spinach Dip again. Sorry, B.

Last night I was having another strange dream. Let's face it. ALL of my dreams are super messed up. They are never of me running in a field of flowers and anything nice. My dreams are all directed by Stanley Kubrick  on an acid trip so hold on to your seats because you will probably throw up. I am amazed that things that go on inside my head can be there and I can still function as a prosperous citizen of my community. 

Last night, I was dreaming that I was in someone's garage, getting a bowl full of Spinach dip and chips.  The garage door was open and my good friend Justin Timberlake had just left.. into the darkness of the evening. I turned and saw a large black figure coming towards me. I noticed right away that it was one of those great big wolf-coyotes that will tear your limbs off and eat you alive.  We were in Arizona, by the way, and I am guessing that deep down, I think there is an abundance of flesh-eating coyotes in Arizona.
So I tried to get back into the house with my spinach dip real fast before that coyote came through the open garage door, but I soon realized that I was a really really obese lady and I couldn't fit though the door. Oh, and there was music playing... that music that I hear in my dreams and I can hear all the instruments but I could never re-create because I can't play music. 

So I woke up. I looked over and it was 5:45, and in a little while the alarm was going to go off. I was still thinking of the dream when the alarm went off and I heard Annie Lenox singing "sweet dreams are made of these.. who am IIIII to disaaaaagree-hee. " 

So I've been trying to figure out my dream, but most of the time, figuring out my dream is like chasing a leaf in the wind ---- pointless. But I did realize a few things...

1. I really do like Justin Timberlake. Or maybe I just want him to leave. 
2. I am scared that my in-laws will think I am fat. 
3. Why didn't I just close the garage door?? If I saw that in a movie, I would be screaming at the screen for the dumb blonde to throw her spinach dip at the coyote and close the door. At least it would have bought her a little time. 
4. I have many many scary dreams about someone trying to get me/chase me/ kill me and I will always run for a door and can't close the door, like the door is too small for the door frame and a big space is around the door itself and it won't latch. 
5. I will never cease to have music in my dreams. 

I think tonight will be one of those nights where I just take a tylenol p.m.  and leave Stanley Kubrick for someone else's dream.

:)

2 comments:

bethbbk said...

If I can just analyze, you are remembering something in your childhood that you are trying to get away from but the door/window/whatever is too small because it was made for a little person. You need to find out what that is so you can get over that part. The J.T. thing is because you are cool and even in your dreams you need some kind of reassurance. Now the big dark wolf thing could be (my first guess) Marsha, or it could be whatever is in the dark recesses of your mind that you can't get away from but it is still lurking and at times comes out from its hiding place. So try focusing on one area in your childhood that was most scary and then think of yourself in a super-hero costume, overcoming the bad thing. Let me know if it works.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am pretty sure no where in this dream is anything that would suggest something as horrible as not eating spinach dip.Spinach dip IS the weapon. If you had thrown the spinach dip at the scary thing,it would have hit him in the face. Then he would have licked a little off his lips, probably causing deep love for you. I mean, that's what happens to me when you give me spinach dip. Then he would have said, "Was that J.T. guy bothering you? Cause I love me some N'sync boys"