Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year in the Life.

Recently I was watching on Tv all the celebrity deaths of 2009. Patrick Swayze, Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy, Etc. It is interesting to think of all the immense talent that was lost. But in the light of hollywood and beautiful people, I have to admit it really makes me gag. I hate hollywood and all the trash that it promotes. The glamour, the sparkles, the dresses, it is really just a shame to fall into that trap, if you ask me. Perhaps I am just like Anne Hathaways character in the beginning of the movie "The Devil Wears Prada"... I just don't give a shit about all of it.

Of all the people that has passed, I only get choked up at one person.. Ted Kennedy. He fought and fought hard.. all the way to the end. I can't imagine having cancer, and battling the terrible disease while speaking in front of millions of people about Health Care reform. I almost cannot even write the words I want to express without feeling immensely sad for him.

This year has been full of changes, and great strides have been made (in my eyes) by electing our first African-American President. I am so proud and happy for the First Family. I have also learned lessons this year that will carry for the rest of my life. Lessons such as standing up for myself, and my children, living my life the way I need to.. not the way other people need me to live. It is a big lesson for me, because I am a people pleaser, and I am learning to love myself in the process of letting go of others. Big Lesson, and HARD. In it all... I am blessed and happy and feeling very fulfilled at the ending of the year.


Well, Internet, I hope you have a wonderful New Year. This is going to be a quiet one for me. I am home, in Jammies, with my Mom and husband and girls.
Many Blessings,
Laura

No comments: